Friday, January 9, 2009

sometimes you gotta look up

i have a friend who is pretty good at the photography thing.  (judge for yourself at www.twilightimaging.net and/or twilightimagingnet.blogspot.com ) he is always telling people to get outside and shoot, for some of the most beautiful things you will see are just outside your backdoor.  but in order to do that, you have to stop...and sometimes that is easier said than done.  well, on monday someone else stopped my in my tracks--as i was pumping gas at a station less than a mile from my house a woman in a red nissan maxima cut the corner too close and dragged my bumper along the side of her car.  lucky me, i had my camera in my purse and took it out to take pictures of the damage.  and then i stopped to look up and saw that the sky was turning brilliant colors.


these two pics were taken within minutes of each other off in the same direction and are so different.


i am pretty much convinced that all you have to do is look up to find the beauty in it all.  and to think if I hadn't gotten hit, then i would have missed it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment